Do you seek money for college in Wisconsin?
Students who love really good cheese will love Wisconsin… and even more for its wide variety of activities! The state gets snowy in the winter, allowing residents to partake in fun outdoor activities like snowboarding, skiing, ice fishing, and snowmobiling. In the spring and summer time, people in Wisconsin enjoy hiking, exploring historic sites, and enjoying music festivals.
Students in Wisconsin can take advantage of the 85 colleges and universities that offer a plethora of excellent academic programs to its students, while being able to take time off to enjoy all the great environments the state has to offer. How many of these fascinating facts did you know about Wisconsin?
- The only state in the US to offer a Master Cheesemaker program is Wisconsin. To be eligible for the program, one must have 10 years of cheese-making experience.
- The statewide income tax was first implemented in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin was the first state to serve the ice cream sundae, at only five cents!
- The QWERTY keyboard was created in Milwaukee.
- Cheese is made from 90% of the milk from Wisconsin cows.
- The world’s Swiss Cheese Capital is Monroe, WI.
- Green Bay is the oldest city of the state.
- Wisconsin is also referred to as the “Badger State.”