Do you seek money for college in South Dakota?
South Dakotans welcome students from all around the world with unique backgrounds, cultures, and interests. Rapid City is a popular college town with colleges like the School of Mines & Technology, which offers 16 excellent engineering and science programs. Additionally, Black Hills State University is one of the biggest public universities in the state. The campus is divided into three colleges including the College of Business, College of Education, and College of Arts & Sciences. If you’re into sports, this university has a rodeo, cross country, football, basketball, and many more teams!
In addition to offering students a well-rounded higher education experience, South Dakota is also applauded for having beautiful scenic nature. On weekends or academic breaks, students in South Dakota can experience the waterfalls of the Big Sioux River. Here are some fun facts about South Dakota worth knowing before going to school here!
- The famous Mashed Potato Wrestling Contest took place in Clark, SD.
- Casinos in SD cannot hang signs that say “casino.”
- Keystone is where the “Little House on the Prairie” author, Carrie Ingalls spent most of her adult years.
- The tallest water tower in the state is in Bowdle.
- The honeybee is SD’s official state insect.
- South Dakota is home to 39 state parks and recreational areas of nature.
- It is also known as the “Coyote State.”
- The state’s largest university is the University of South Dakota. It enrolls an average of 11,800 students.
Excited to begin your higher education in South Dakota?