Do you seek money for college in South Carolina?
South Carolina is home to many excellent colleges and universities for students to choose from. Additionally, it is noted for its rich history and gorgeous landscapes. In fact, the state is home to some of the most attractive islands and sandy beaches in the country. Students who enjoy the beach can visit the Kiawah Island community on weekends or breaks. For avid hikers and nature lovers, some landscapes worth checking out include Congaree National Park, Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail, and Fort Sumter National Monument, to name a few. What’s your favorite fun fact about South Carolina?
- Barbeque originated from South Carolina.
- South Carolina is one of the states in the US that produces the most peaches – Johnston is the Peach Capital of the world.
- Ridgeway is home to the smallest police station.
- Fortune-tellers need a special permit to give fortunes in the state.
- The biggest Gingko farm in the world is located in Sumter.
- The movie, “The Notebook,” was filmed in South Carolina.
- The official state amphibian is the salamander.
- The only state in the country that grows tea is South Carolina.
- South Carolina is home to 1 national forest, 4 state forests, and 47 state parks.
South Carolina offers many academic options for students.