Do you seek money for college in Oklahoma?
Oklahoma offers diverse scenery for its residents through over 50 state parks and 8 nationally protected parks and forests. The state has also been ranked as one of the most affordable to live in compared to the other states in the US. Oklahomans are able to pursue a quality higher education at relatively low costs, while appreciating the beautiful nature of the state.
The extensive public university system of Oklahoma offers rigorous coursework in over 20 campuses throughout the state. Oklahoma is also home to excellent private institutions like the University of Tulsa, which is recognized to have one of the country’s best business programs for undergraduate students. Here are some interesting facts about Oklahoma that are good to know.
- The state’s first town to have electricity was Vinita, OK.
- It’s illegal to spit on the sidewalks of Oklahoma.
- The official state reptile is the collared lizard.
- “Labor Conquers All Things” is the state’s motto.
- More man-made lakes are in Oklahoma than any other state in the country.
- Oklahoma is home to four mountain ranges: Kiamichis, Arbuckles, Wichitas, and Ouachitas.
- The “YIELD” sign was first used on a trial basis in Tulsa, OK.
- In 1937, the nation’s first shopping cart was used in Oklahoma City.
- Parking meters were born in Oklahoma City and then eventually spread across the entire nation.
- The state’s name, “Oklahoma,” means “red people” in the Choctaw language.
We Get You
Money for College!
Among ranked National Universities, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2019–2020 school year was $41,426 at private colleges, $11,260 for state residents at public colleges and $27,120 for out-of-state students at state schools, according to data reported to U.S. News in an annual survey.
Let’s set up a 100% free no obligation consultation
to discuss how we can help save you money!
If your child receives free or reduced lunch, or has an EFC of $0, we can bring your costs down even more! Please mention this during your consultation.