Do you seek money for college in New Jersey?
New Jersey, also known as The Garden State, has a plethora of exciting things and places to see. For example, there are many casinos and a fun boardwalk in Atlantic City to explore, and the thrill of New York City is just less than a hundred miles away! With 39 state parks and 11 state forests, students in New Jersey can easily get their nature fix on weekends or even in between classes.
The Garden State is home to some of the most prestigious universities in the country. One of these is, of course, Princeton University, which has been continuously ranked #1 for the past few years. In addition to the usual community colleges and public and private 4-year and graduate institutions, New Jersey also offers higher education in religious environments.
Check out these fascinating facts about New Jersey!
- New Jersey was the first state in the United States to sign the bill of rights.
- Self-serve gasoline filling is not allowed in New Jersey.
- In 1896, the first professional basketball game took place in Trenton.
- The state ranks #2 in blueberry production.
- New Jersey is home to 39 state parks and 11 state forests.
- It’s also known as the “Garden State.”
- The longest boardwalk in the world is located in Atlantic City.
- Tourism is one of the leading industries in the state.
- New Jersey is a peninsula.
- All New Jersey counties are classified to be metropolitan.
- The state’s official animal is the horse.