Do you seek money for college in Louisiana?
The capital of Louisiana, Baton Rouge has a thriving economy, making it one of the best places for young adults to be. Louisiana State University and Agriculture & Mechanical College is the one of the biggest universities in the state and is noted for its extensive research facilities. International students may transition into college life easier by joining the International Student Association.
New Orleans is a prime area for higher education, whether you’re looking to complete a 2-year or 4-year degree program. Tulane University, a prestigious research university is ranked among the United States’ top 50 research institutions. Not only is New Orleans a major place to study, it also offers a lot of entertainment and fun for weekends and holiday breaks. You’ll be able to find live music, vintage shops, trendy cafes and bars, and cocktail hours, to name a few.
Out-of-state students can get a feel for Louisiana traditions by participating in them themselves! Some popular annual celebrations Louisianans take part in include Mardi Gras and The Jazz and Heritage Festival.
Here are some fun facts about Louisiana.
- Unlike any other state in the country, Louisiana does not have any counties.
- The tallest state capitol building in the US is in Louisiana. It is 450 feet tall with 34 floors.
- King Louis XIV inspired the state name.
- “Union, Justice, and Confidence” is the state motto.
- The biggest city of Louisiana is New Orleans, which also happens to be a major area for higher education.
- While situated at the heart of the deep southern part of the country, Louisiana is a culturally diverse state with a mix of African, European, and Caribbean heritages.
- New Orleans is also known as the birthplace of jazz music.
Love what you see so far about Louisiana schools?