Do you seek money for college in Kentucky?
Kentucky, also known as the “Bluegrass State,” is noted for its breathtaking countryside and historic urban areas. Aside from delicious fried chicken, this state has a lot to offer for students who enjoy nature, the outdoors, and even equestrian life! Some great landmarks students can frequent include the Red River Gorge and Mammoth Cave National Park.
The Bluegrass State is home to many great colleges ranging in size, fields of study, and tuition costs to fit every student’s budget, lifestyle, and career paths.
Here are some interesting, good-to-know trivia about Kentucky.
- Mother’s Day originated in Kentucky when a teacher created it to honor her mother.
- The only city built inside a meteor crater in the United States is Middlesboro, Kentucky.
- Kentucky is the 14th smallest state, but has 7 neighboring states including Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, and Illinois.
- In 1934, cheeseburgers were first served to customers at Kaolin’s restaurant in Louisville.
- In 1893, two sisters came up with the song “Happy Birthday” in Louisville.
- The underground vaults of Fort Knox houses more than $6 billion worth of gold, which is the largest amount anywhere in the world!
- Over half of the Americans in the War of 1812 killed were Kentuckians.
- Like many southern states, Kentucky prefers the ACT to the SAT college entrance exam for high school students hoping to admit into a college in the state.
We Get You
Money for College!
Among ranked National Universities, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2019–2020 school year was $41,426 at private colleges, $11,260 for state residents at public colleges and $27,120 for out-of-state students at state schools, according to data reported to U.S. News in an annual survey.
Let’s set up a 100% free no obligation consultation
to discuss how we can help save you money!
If your child receives free or reduced lunch, or has an EFC of $0, we can bring your costs down even more! Please mention this during your consultation.