Do you seek money for college in Illinois?
Nicknamed the “Prairie State,” Illinois is a state with a diverse population, both in and outside of campus. It is a great location to study because it allows students to interact in both a metropolitan and suburban setting. Additionally, Illinois is well known for many great landmarks and cities filled with rich history.
The University of Chicago is ranked as one of the world’s top 10 universities, while the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ranks among the best colleges to study engineering. Whatever your career goal is, Florida has a multitude of community colleges, public and private four-year and graduate institutions, as well as small liberal arts schools for you to choose from.
- Here are some interesting facts about Illinois.
- The Ice Cream Sundae was born in Evanston, IL.
- The world’s biggest bakery in the world is the Nabisco Factory in Chicago, with a large space of 1,800,000 square feet!
- More nuclear power is generated in Illinois than any other state in the US.
- In 1914, Benny Goodman and Gene Krupa coined the term “jazz” in Chicago.
- A fire-breathing dragon, also known as the Kaskaskia Dragon lives in Vandalia, IL.
- Channel 5, the first all-color TV station, debuted in Chicago.
- In 1885, the world’s first ever skyscraper was made in Chicago.
- The first McDonald’s was opened in Des Plaines.
Which Illinois degree programs are best for your interests and goals?